Sustainable development (SD) has become a critical issue for humanity. There are currently substantial global efforts to understand and improve SD. This focus is reflected in the UN 2030 SDGs and the IMO’s focus. Higher education institutions around the world are grappling with their existing and evolving role in this regards. Signalling the importance of this to the maritime community and in particular, the International Associaton of Maritime Universities (IAMU), research – funded by IAMU – is being carried out to understand how the members of IAMU are responding to sustainable development challenges and issues related to it.
The research on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN MARITIME HIGHER EDUCATION (SDIMET) has the following objectives:
- Analyse the evolution of the concept of Sustainable Development (SD) and its applicability to Maritime Higher Education Institutions (MHEI)
- Explore the status quo regarding MHEI integration of sustainability principles in their management, operations and curricula activities
- Identify the barriers to such integration
- Critically analyse the contemporary approaches to SD in MHEI
- Suggest ways of improving the SD performance of MHEI
Всички желаещи да попълнят анкетата могат да го направят тук: