Welcome to the applied research project entitled: Report on the publication activities of the professors and lecturers at Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy for 2017.
Project aim: To provide an effective and scientifically justified support for the existing reporting system for the scientific publications of the professors and lecturers at Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy for the calendar year of 2017
- Associate Professor Doctor Asen Nikolov Kozhuharov – project leader, data base analyst;
- Assistant Professor Doctor Yordan Sivkov – patent and authorship certificates analyst.
Project duration: 1 January 2017 – 31 December 2017
- Maintain the Monitoring D data base of the academic staff tenured by Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy to account for their publications and citations;
- Perform complete registration of the professors and lecturers newly retained in 2017 on a full-time employment contract basis at Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy in the citation data bases: SCOPUS, WoS and RSCI. Set the icons with the publication assets into the personal pages of the professors and lecturers in the Academy website;
- Maintain the recognition of the publications by the professors and lectures retained on a full-time employment contract basis at Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy in the aforesaid data bases as officially affiliated with the Academy in view of the preparation of documents for accreditation and post-accreditation monitoring, the participation of the Academy in scientific projects and the ratings of the higher education institutions in Bulgaria.
- Maintain the up-to-date condition of the scientific publication assets of the professors and lectures retained on a full-time employment contract basis at Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy in the Bulgarian Current Research Information System (BulCRIS).
- Perform a scientometric analysis and, by means of a presentation before the Academic Council, bring to light the publication activities for 2016 of the professors and lectures retained on a full-time employment contract basis at Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy, with an emphasis on the data in the globally significant citation indices.
Activities of the project participants and timetable for the completion of its objectives
|Objective No (project duration: 1/01/-31/12/2017)||
Duration in months
|1. Personal registration of the newly tenured lecturers in WoS, Scopus and RSCI.|
|2. Submit data for the post-accreditation monitoring procedures to which the Academy is subjected in the current year.|
|3. Set publication activity badges in the personal pages of the newly tenured lecturers.|
|4. Brief the Academic Council on the publication activities of the Academy for 2016.|
|5. Maintain the data for BulCRIS.|
|6. Review the regulations for the publication activities at the Academy.|
|7. Submit up-to-date information about publication activities for participation in research projects and habilitations.|
|8. Support the Monitoring D data base with information.|
|9. Report the project results|
31 May 2017 – The project leader delivered a presentation before the Academic Council of the Academy, entitled The publication activities at the Naval Academy in 2016, and proposed a third edition of the Rules for categorising, keeping inventory, and evaluating methodological publications and citations (RI 03.04.12). His account and the proposed third edition of the Rules were both approved by the AC.
9 March 2017 – The collection of information for the report for the Ministry of Education and Science about the publication activities at the Naval Academy in 2016 has started.
20 Jan 2017 – Start of the campaign for the compilation of the inventory of papers and citations by the professors and lecturers and the PhD students at the Naval Academy. Preparation of the data on the ongoing attestation of PhD students .
1 Jan 2017 – Start of the yearly subscription for access to the electronic library of EBSCO for the users at Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy.
1 Jan 2017 – Successful start of Project OS-337/2017.
1 Jan 2017 – The Project ОS-337/2017 wishes everybody: Happy New Year, good health, and good luck!