Welcome to the Faculty of Engineering
The Engineering Faculty is a basic unit in the structure of N. Vaptsarov Naval Academy. It was established on 01.11.1999, in accordance with the reform of the military education system and the requirements of the Higher Education Act. Until that date, the structure of the Naval Academy did not include faculties (except for a few years after 1976), and the departments were directly subordinated to the Deputy Head on education and research activities in the school.
The Engineering Faculty consists of six departments:
- Ship Power Plants, headed by Lt. CDR (r) Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Rumen Stoyanov
- Ship Electrical Engineering, headed by Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Milen Bonev
- Mechanics, headed by Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Juliyan Nikolaev Minchev
- Technology of ShipRepair, headed by Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Georgi Lyutskanov
- Mathematics and Physics headed by Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Tatyana Stefanova Madzharova
- Information Technologies, headed by Col. Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Julian Tsonev
The Dean of the faculty is Capt. Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Christo Valeriev Christov and the Vice-dean is Capt. Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Jоulian Moskov, scientific secretary Associate Professor Ph.D Tihomir Vasilev.
The specialties in which training is conducted in the faculty are: for cadets – Marine Engineering for the Navy; for Students: Marine Engineering, Ship Electrical Engineering, Technology of Ship Repairs, Ocean Engineering and Information and Communication Technologies in the Maritime Industry.